I entered a weightlifting competition. I scares me shoeless. I mean it. Now, I just want to run far far away.
December 13th is the date when I will enter the podium.
Today I did 3x3 powersnatches, trying to get close to maxing out.
I did the same with powercleans. 3x3.
I did three sets of pushpresses. Close to max.
And the squats. 4x2. Close to max.
I just wanted feel my limits. And guess what... the sky isn't. No, it seems that very low weights are my limit. I just feel unprepared. Uncapable. Weak. I guess those are all the right reasons to do it.
I already know I'll come in dead last in the competition, but this is a good challenge. Kind of "even though you're gonna suck... do it anyway. Do it because regretting what you didn't do is worse than regretting something you've done (most if the times anyway)"
So with only four months of weightlifting practice, a year of exercise of any kind, I entered in my first weightlifting competition.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar