måndag 15 december 2014

Videos from my first Weightlifting competition. Highs and lows, baby, highs and lows

Lusselyftet 2014

Linköpings atletklubb

Best powersnatch in competition: 27 kg
Best Clean and jerk in competition: 35 kg
Bodyweight: 53.3 kg


This video I shall name... the Bomb. I crashed and burned, baby.





My best Powersnatch. Which isn´t saying anything. It was 3 kg under max. It sucked. I was too afraid to get under the bar. Not that I needed to, but...





My best Clean and Jerk. Wobbly. But the judges wasn´t concerned with afterpressing in this beginner´s competition.





All in all, I´d say it was fantastic to get the experience of being in a competition. I got more and more comfortable with every lift. Not that I won´t be nervous next time... but I will keep trying until I get used to it. 

Training to compete is just as important as training to lift better and heavier.

I learned that on Barbell Shrugged.

Peace out :P

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar